ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant.
Miami Hair Institute is the #1 center in the United States with over 1000 ARTAS procedures performed. The minimally-invasive ARTAS Robotic System utilizes state-of-the-art robotic technology to assist physicians with difficult, manual methods that require repetitive and precise movements which can increase the risk of human error. The absolute limiting factor in hair restoration surgery is your finite supply of donor follicles; therefore, we take meticulous care to ensure that all our systems are geared to ensure the highest percentage of follicle survival.
Benefits of ARTAS Technology.
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Graft quality remains consistent throughout the procedure
- No linear scarring allowing you to wear your hair short
- Quick recovery with less post-op discomfort
- Greater precision, consistency and accuracy to remove donor hair
- Improve Past Procedures: linear scars from previous hair transplants can be camouflaged to improve appearance
How to Choose an ARTAS® Physician
How long has he/she been doing hair transplants? Do they specialize in hair or do other types of cosmetic surgery or are they specialized in a completely unrelated field of medicine?
Our doctors are Board Certified Dermatologists with over 50 years of combined experience, specializing ONLY in Hair Loss and Hair Transplantation. They have received many awards and published numerous articles in the hair industry. We perform hair transplant surgeries every day and have a full-time staff, some of which have been with us for over 25 years.
The safe zone is the area that one can expect will have donor hairs that will survive for a patient’s lifetime. In patients with marked hair loss such as a Type VI or VII the safe zone area may later in life be only be a narrow rim of hair that extends from ear to ear.
Taking hair from above this area when the patient is young means that the grafts will not last, but the patient will have paid for useless grafts.
Transected follicles are lost or damaged from your donor area permanently. We are proud to state that generally, our transection rate for strip cases is 0-3%; and for ARTAS 0-4%.
We are the only clinic worldwide licensed to use our patented MOSAIC® technology. Dr. Bernard Nusbaum and Dr. Aron Nusbaum, in partnership with Florida International University, developed a U.S. patented pattern analysis software. This patented system is used to recreate the patient’s unique arrangement of follicular units in our hair transplant design and implantation technique producing the most natural results.
Be aware! Some clinics allow the technicians to perform the procedure from start to finish. These are people who hold no medical degree, carry no insurance and often travel from clinic to clinic and state to state.
It is only as good as the surgeon that operates it. Throughout the surgery, adjustments are made at the instruction of the doctor.
In our clinic if we see that the robot is damaging an unacceptable percentage of follicles (called transection), we will stop the robotic procedure immediately and suggest trying an alternative harvesting technique. This occurs rarely in our hands, but the proficiency of the surgeon is a key factor in avoiding transection.
We do approximately 300 ARTAS cases a year and are NUMBER ONE in the Eastern United States in procedures performed. Our patients have access to our physicians 24 hours a day and are welcome to come for follow-up appointments anytime at no charge.
We use Hypothermosol + ATP, which is a solution used in cell preservation. We wish to ensure the highest survival of your grafts and have done research showing that this product can reduce cell death in transplanted follicles.
ARTAS® vs. Neograft or Smartgraft.
What are the key differences between Neograft or Smartgraft and ARTAS® Robotic Technology?
Compare ARTAS Robotic Surgery at Miami Hair Institute with a clinic using the Neograft or Smartgraft System.
What to Expect.
- 2 Days Later. Patients enjoy a speedy and comfortable recovery after hair transplant with the ARTAS® system, returning to normal activities in as little as 2 days. Hats can be worn immediately after the procedure.
- 1 Week Later. Signs of the procedure nearly vanish after just 1 week, since ARTAS® uses minimally invasive technology to extract individual follicular units without creating a linear scar.
- 9 Months Later. In just 9 months after surgery, patients experience a newer, thicker, and natural head of hair that lasts lifetime.
Visualize Results with ARTAS Hair Studio®.
See It, Before You Get It.
With the ARTAS Hair Studio®, our surgeons show you 3-dimensional renderings of potential results, created from your personal photographs.
Plan & Track Progress.
Hair loss is a progressive and lifelong condition. Using the ARTAS Hair Studio®, our surgeons develop a comprehensive and personalized hair restoration plan that evolves with you over time. Using advanced digital imaging and micron-level precision, this leading technology helps surgeons track current, completed, and future procedures while planning for the progression of pattern baldness.
- Current Procedure: Identify healthy donor hair while mapping transplant sites.
- Completed Procedures: Track and managed previous donor and recipient areas.
- Future Procedures: Anticipate the progression of hair loss and preserve donor hair for use in future procedures as-needed.
Ready to Begin?
At Miami Hair Institute, our surgeons have developed the most comprehensive approach for evaluating and treating patients with hair loss, while providing the very latest in surgical techniques at our state-of-the art facility. We are pleased to offer follicular unit extraction (FUE) and the Mosaic® Hair Restoration with the revolutionary ARTAS® system and ARTAS Hair Studio®.