ARTAS® Robotic Hair Transplant Before & After
In 2012, the Hair Transplant Institute of Miami revolutionized surgical hair restoration in South Florida with the ARTAS® System by Restoration™ Robotics. Since then, ISHRS Golden Follicle Award winners Drs. Nusbaum and Rose have used this innovative, effective, and personalized technique to provide thousands of patients with robust, full, and natural-looking hair. In fact, the Hair Institute of Miami is #1 in the Southeast for number of successful ARTAS® performed.
Why do so many men and women come to us for this procedure? We’ll explain below, but in some ways the best explanation can’t be read – it can be seen. These before and after pictures of our satisfied patients speak volumes about the benefits of ARTAS and why you should consider calling us if you are ready to take action about your hair loss.
What is ARTAS®?
ARTAS® is a minimally invasive, state-of-the-art procedure that uses digital mapping and precision robotics to select and harvest hair for transplantation, a process known as follicular unit extraction (FUE). Typically, permanent hair from the back or side of the head will extracted for transplantation to thinning areas using the ARTAS® System’s image-guided robotics. Most of your hair is left in place so that the area retains its natural appearance.
Following extraction, our surgeons use the ARTAS® to create a completely personalized map of transplant sites, into which follicular units are expertly grafted. This transplanted hair will then grow naturally in its new location, just as it did before. The results can last a lifetime.
What are the benefits of the ARTAS® Procedure?
- Minimally invasive and painless: it is an outpatient procedure performed in the doctor’s office and requires only a local anesthetic.
- Greater precision, consistency, and accuracy.
- Quick recovery with less post-op discomfort; you can usually go back to your daily activities after a day or two.
- No linear scarring: any scarring is minimal and virtually undetectable. Wear your hair short, without exposing a long and linear scar. Transplanted hair grows in gradually, over a period of a year, reducing the chance that people will notice the procedure.
- Improve past procedures: Using ARTAS®, linear scars from previous hair transplants are camouflaged to improve appearance.
- Plan, track, and improve: With the ARTAS Hair Studio®, surgeons and patients gain invaluable insight to create a fully customized long-term hair restoration plan.
How is the ARTAS® procedure better than the old “Hair Plugs” people used to get?
Old fashioned “hair plugs” included the harvesting of large patches of hair follicles that resulted in an awkward and unnatural appearance once implanted. The ARTAS® System uses its computer-assisted robotic arm and digital mapping to pinpoint individual follicular units from the donor area for dissection. This process provides the doctor more control and precision in designing a natural looking hair growth pattern. Because the ARTAS System enables unmatched precision and accuracy, doctors can extract healthy robust grafts for optimal growth.
Picture Yourself With a Full Head of Hair
With the ARTAS Hair Studio®, our surgeons can show you 3-dimensional renderings of potential results, created from your personal photographs. You don’t need hypothetical pictures to see results, however. As noted above, these before and after photos of our patients show you the very real and very dramatic impact that the ARTAS® Procedure has had on people just like you.
Call Us Today to Schedule a Hair Loss Consultation
At the Hair Transplant Institute of Miami, Drs. Bernard Nusbaum and Paul Rose have developed the most comprehensive approach for evaluating and treating patients with hair loss, while providing the very latest in surgical techniques at our state-of-the art facility. For more information about the ARTAS® Procedure and to schedule a hair loss consultation and evaluation, contact us online or call our clinic directly at 305-925-0222.