Here at the Miami Hair and Skin, we offer a range of effective treatments to stop and reverse hair loss. From hair transplant surgery to medication to low-level laser therapy to other solutions, we can help you maintain and restore a robust, youthful-looking head of hair. One thing we can’t do
Here are five things you can do, starting right now, to prevent premature balding:
- Eat more protein. Protein and the amino acids they contain are essential for hair growth. A diet rich in protein from various sources can be a key to resilient and growing hair. Eggs, fish, and beef are excellent sources of protein, as are beans, lentils, and soy.
- Reduce your stress level. Stress can cause or contribute to a wide range of physical and psychological problems, including weight loss and gain, cardiac and digestive issues, depression, and, yes, hair loss. Overproduction of stress hormones contributes to adrenal fatigue, which is caused by the overproduction of cortisol in the body. In turn, this excessive production leads to the underproduction of hormones like aldosterone and androgens. Since these hormones are necessary for healthy hair growth, an insufficient supply will result in thinning or balding hair. Find ways to alleviate day-to-day stress that work for you.
- Pump iron. Iron deficiency – anemia – is one of the chief causes of dietary-related hair loss. Low iron levels restrict necessary blood flow – reducing the amount of growth-stimulating nutrients our follicles receive. Iron-rich foods like spinach, kale, broccoli, and other leafy greens can boost your iron intake and help feed your hair.
- Get more sleep. Adequate sleep is essential for our overall health since our bodies expend a lot of energy during the day and need time to recharge so the body can function as it is supposed to. One of these functions is repairing and regenerating hair follicles. That simply won’t happen without enough sleep. Instead, hair will stop growing, weaken, and eventually fall out more than it otherwise would.
- Stay hydrated. Just as a plant won’t grow and will ultimately die without water, your hair needs to stay hydrated to stay healthy. Hair is one of the first parts of your body to show the effects of water, vitamin, and mineral deficiency. Hair shafts are composed of approximately 25 percent water, and a lack of moisture weakens those shafts. Make an affirmative effort to push fluids – at least 64 ounces of water per day.
Schedule Your Hair Loss Evaluation Today
If you are concerned about your hair loss and are ready to do something about it, we invite you to schedule a hair loss evaluation at Miami Hair and Skin. Drs. Nusbaum and Rose are internationally acclaimed hair restoration surgeons with more than 40 years of combined experience. To receive your personalized evaluation and treatment plan, contact us online or call our office directly at 305-925-0222.