Dr. Paul Rose has over 20 years of experience in hair restoration and is recognized internationally for achieving natural hair transplantation results. He is Past President and Board Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and has served as a trustee of the Hair Foundation, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the Cosmetic Surgery Foundation.
Dr. Rose is certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. He has served on the clinical faculty of the University of South Florida.
He is active in hair loss research and has published numerous articles on medical and surgical hair restoration. Dr. Rose developed the “ledge” trichophytic closure technique which minimizes donor scars by directing hair to grow through the line where the donor strip was taken.
He is a recipient of the ISHRS Golden Follicle Award presented for outstanding and significant clinical contributions to the field of hair restoration.
- State University of New York, Bachelor of Arts, 1974
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, M.D., 1979
- 1979 – 1980: University of Connecticut Medical Center, Internal Medicine Internship
- 1985 – 1988: Temple University, Skin and Cancer Hospital, Dermatology Residency
- 1988: American Board of Dermatology
- Alpha Ð1 antitrypsin Pi types, Brooklyn Jewish Hospital, Brooklyn, New York, New York Lung Association Research Grant 1975
- Mechanisms of Differentiation and Heterochromatization in Mealy Bug Germinal Tissue, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 1977
- T cell Migration Patterns in Lymph Node Post Capillary Venules, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, Student Research Grant 1978
- Histamine Influence on T cells, Johns Hopkins Medical Center Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 1978
- Selected for Student Elective at the National Institute of Health. Immunology Section, International Society of Hair, Bethesda, Maryland 1978
- Considerations for FIT, FIT-FUT Workshop – My Approach to FIT, Scalp Dermatology-NON SCARRING Alopecia.
- Presented at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada
- FIT Problems and Solutions- The LEDGE Donor Closure Technique. Presented at the European Society Hair Restoration Surgery, Brussels, Belgium
- An Approach to “FIT”. Presented at the Italian Society of Hair Restoration, Torino, Italy
- Apoptosis and Androgenetic Alopecia. Presented at the International Society of Hair Replacement Surgery, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Live Surgery- Follicular Unit Grafting. Presented in Orlando, Florida
- Rose, P.T. and Parsley W, The Hairline in Hair Transplantation, eds Stough, DB and Haber, R, Senior Ed, Dover J, Elsevier in press [Click Here for PDF]
- Rose, P.T., and Shapiro R., Pearls on Megasessions, International Journal of Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery 1995, Vol3,2: 133-136.
- Rose, P.T., Considerations in Establishing the Hairline, Intl J of Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery,1998.
- Rose, P.T., The Preparation of Mini Grafts Using Backlighting and/or Microscope, in Hair Transplantation ed Unger W and Shapiro, R, accepted for publication.
- Rose, P.T., Hairline Design, Hair Transplant Forum International, Volume 12, Number 5, 180, Sept/Oct 2002.
- Rose, P.T., Avram M, Cole J. et al ,The Potential Role of Minoxidil in the Hair Transplantation Setting, J Derm Surg 2002;28:894-900.
- Rose, P.T. , Shapiro , R and Morgan M, The Anatomy of the Hair Follicle, in Hair Transplantation ed Unger W and Shapiro, R, accepted for publication.
- Rose, P.T. , Shapiro et al, Scalp Anatomy, In Hair Transplantation ed Unger W and Shapiro R, accepted for publication.
- Rose, P.T. and Shapiro, R, Hair Transplantation in Scar Tissue, in Hair Transplantation, ed Unger W and Shapiro, R, accepted for publication.
- Rose, P. and Morgan, M, An Investigation of Apoptosis in Androgenetic Alopecia, Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science, Vol 33, no 1, 2003.
- Rose, P.T. and Neff M, Medicolegal Aspects of Hair Transplantation.
- Rose, P.T., Techniques for graft preparation using the backlight.
- Rose, P.T., An Algorithm for Hair Loss, Published in Symposium, Pfizer 2003.
- Rose, P.T., Proper, S Mohs Micrographic Surgery for Skin Cancer, The Bulletin of Polk County Medical Association, Vol 30, No 8, August 1989
- Rose, P.T. Proper S, Fenske, N., Actinic Keratosis and Non Melanoma Skin Cancer Geriatrics, Vol 45:57-65, July 1990
- Rose, P, Proper, S., Pre-Operative Evaluation , Medical Complications, in Handbook of Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Mikhail G.,ed Philadelphia, Saunders 1991
- Rose, P.T., (Chairman Editorial Board) Medical Office Response to Emergency, Physician Office Products, New Smyrna Beach 1993.
- Rose, P.T. Scalp Reductions , in Principles and Techniques of Cutaneous Surgery, ed Lask G, and Moy R, R.L., Mc Graw-Hill, new York c 1996, pp 543-560
- Rose, P.T., An Adjunctive Technique for Treating Perioral Rhytids, International Journal of Laser Surgery
- Rose, P.T., Histological Changes Associated with Mesotherapy Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, 2005